Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsBullying Prevention and Youth Empowerment in Kapuskasing

Bullying Prevention and Youth Empowerment in Kapuskasing

Students at the Kapuskasing District High School got to experience the Bigger Than That Bullying Prevention and Youth Empowerment Program with Canadian Country musician Ryan Laird.

Laird says he’s been to hundreds of schools across the country and shares his own personal experiences with bullying to students. Laird says there was a few students that opened up yesterday and talked about one student in grade 12 who wanted to be a doctor. He also said one of her goals was meeting Taylor Swift which he could relate to personally.

Laird says when he was in Nashville he set up a billboard across from Swift’s studio in hopes that she would help produce his record. Laird said she ended up recognizing him and is encouraging all students to believe in themselves and follow their dreams.

The musician says this is the furthest North he’s been in the province and although he joked that he was slightly disappointed he hasn’t seen a moose yet, he said he’ll likely be coming back to Kapuskasing again.

To find out more about Ryan Laird and the Bigger Than That Bullying Prevention and Youth Empowerment national school tour you can visit the website here.

Ryan Laird stopped by the Moose FM studio yesterday afternoon for an interview with Rudy Kadlec

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading