The Porcupine Health Unit says there were no new cases of COVID-19 reported in its territory on Saturday. That leaves the number of confirmed infections at 29.
Here is an excerpt from its website:
Today locally, the Porcupine Health Unit COVID-19 Information line is open from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. Call 705-267-1181 or the toll-free number, 1-800-461-1818.
“Community transmission of COVID-19 is happening in our area.
- Stop the spread. COVID-19 can be deadly. The time to act is NOW.
- Everyone but essential workers need to stay home.
- Only go out if absolutely necessary to pick up groceries, prescriptions or go to a medical appointment.
- Ignoring self-isolation or physical distancing advice can have devastating effects and endanger lives.
- Protect yourself and others. Stay home.
We are asking community members to avoid unnecessary travel between communities and to other communities in Ontario with a high number of COVID-19 cases to reduce the spread of the virus.
Keep physically distant, but socially close. Stay home if you’re feeling ill. Wash your hands often. Stop the spread.
Stay home, stay well. We’re all in this together.”