The Kapuskasing Fire Department was kept busy over the past 24 hours with several calls, including one at Sensenbrenner Hospital due to a sensor malfunction.

Fire Chief Pat Kennedy says two calls on Wednesday were as employees smelt the odor of Natural Gas at Larabies Independent Grocery Store, as well as near the Model City Mall and Canadian Tire. The grocery store and the Mall were evacuated as a precautionary measure but later re-opened after it was determined that there was no Natural Gas problem.