Tomorrow and Friday you can help feed the hungry in Kapuskasing.
The Kapuskasing Rotary Club and MooseFM are once again teaming up for their annual food drive this week.
Thursday and Friday from 6:00am to 6:00pm you can come by the Circle to make a donation. Both monetary and non-perishable food items will be accepted.
Last year, the food bank, which relies upon the drive in order to stock themselves for the upcoming holiday seasons, collected 1,368 pounds of food and raised $5,125 over the course of the two-day drive.
Members of the community looking to donate can drop off non-perishable food donations or monetary donations outside of the MooseFM studios down in the Circle.
Suggested items to donate to the food drive:
- Canned Soups
- Canned Meats and Fish
- Canned Stews and Pasta
- Any dry pasta (macaroni, spaghetti, etc.)
- Tomato juice, sauces, paste
- Peanut Butter, cheese whiz, nutella
- Cereals, oatmeal even bread
- Gift cards from Walmart, Grocery Store, etc.
- Cash, which we can use to buy needed supplies in bulk.