As Municipal Elections near, municipalities along Highway 11 are seeking help from local community members.
The Municipalities of Hearst, Mattice-Val Coté, Opasatika, Val Rita-Harty, Kapuskasing, Moonbeam, Fauquier-Strickland and Smooth Rock Falls are seeking individuals to serve on their Joint Compliance Audit Committee.
The committee will be responsible for double checking all campaign financing related to the municipal elections.
Such a committee is usually comprised of members who have a background in one of accounting, auditing, law, election administration or public administration.
For these municipalities they will have three committee members who:
- understand and learn election campaign financing rules
- have analytical and decision-making skills
- experience working on committees
- availability and willingness to attend meetings
- excellent oral and written communication
- bilingualism is an asset.
A member’s term on the committee will also be four years, from December 1st of 2018 through to November 30th of 2022.
Applications forms are due to respective Town Clerks by Friday, September 21st at 4:30pm.