Smooth Rock Falls has lifted its most recent boil advisory.
Late Wednesday the town and Ontario Clean Water Agency lifted the advisory which had been placed from the LCBO #138 East on Highway 11 through to 164 Bordeleau Street.
OCWA states the water results indicate that the water quality within the drinking water system is now safe for consumption.
Still, the Porcupine Health Unit’s tip page suggests that you try some of these tips:
- Run cold water faucets for one minute before using the water
- Run drinking water fountains for one minute before using the water
- Flush garden hoses by running cold water through them for five minutes
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45°C (normal setting is 60°C)
A full list of tips from the PHU regarding what to do post-boil advisory can be found here.