News DSB ONE Reacts To School Cuts SHARE ON: Nick Birnie, staff Wednesday, Jul. 11th, 2018 Photo Credit: DSB ONE Discouraging and disappointing. According to District School Board Ontario North East Chair Bob Brush, that is the best way to describe the Ontario Progressive Conservative’s cancellation of a $100 million fund for school repairs. Ontario’s newest government has made the cut despite a campaign promise to rid of cap and trade from Premier Doug Ford. Brush says they had only been able to put half of the money allocated to them into projects in which they had planned, and now have had to stop. DSB ONE originally had projected in November of last year that over $18 million would be needed for school upgrades such as new LED signs and PA systems. Brush says they are disappointed with the outcome, but also were aware the Conservative government would look to make changes and tighten up spending. He says now, DSB ONE will have to do what they can to move forward with their plans of fulfilling student learning and safety across all schools within the board.