â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsDSB One Selects Three New Student Trustees

DSB One Selects Three New Student Trustees

A new Student Senate is being welcomed by District School Board Ontario North East.

The district says three new student trustees will be representing the student body for the 2018-2019 school year. DSB One says two of the students were elected by the student senate and the Indigenous student trustee was appointed by the board.

Temiskaming District Secondary School’s Noble Stow-Gore, Kirkland Lake District Composite School’s Danielle Beaudoin and Chloey Frank will be bringing the student voice to this year’s school board.

Grade 12 student Stow-Gore says this year is especially important with the recent shift in government. He says this will provide students new opportunities to push initiatives that will benefit the collective needs of students. He says he is looking froward to developing and implementing new policies within the board.

- Advertisement -

Grade 12 student Danielle Beaudoin says she is passionate about student equality and well-being. She says the most important issue facing students is well-being and mental health. Beaudoin says the state of feeling comfortable, healthy and happy at school should be common among students and if the appropriate services are put in place, success can be maximized.

Indigenous Student Trustee Grade 12 student Frank says taking on this role allows her the chance to start making a change for Indigenous students within the board. She says she looks forward to listening to her pees and helping them feel more comfortable in classes and activities.

Director of Education Lesleigh Dye says she is excited to work with the three students and believes they will do a great job representing the student body.

The Board of Trustees will hold its first meeting for the 2018-19 school year on September 4th.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading