Listen Live
HomeNewsMNRF Says 'You Must Sign' Before You Keep Roadkill

MNRF Says ‘You Must Sign’ Before You Keep Roadkill

If you have an incident involving an animal killed on the road, you have to sign before you can keep it.

The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry says if you want to keep any dead wild animal found on a roadway, you are required to submit a ‘Notice of Possession’ to them.

An MNRF spokesperson says albeit you may keep the animal this does not allow you to sell it.

The spokesperson says not every wild animal needs to be registered for possession, but there are certain animals in which special rules apply to who are an endangered or threatened species.

- Advertisement -

Meanwhile, the MNRF also asks that you drive cautious when seeing animals along the road and you should sound your horn in short bursts or flash your headlights at night.

For more information you can check out the link here.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading