A possible gas leak in Kapuskasing has ended up as nothing serious.
Fire Chief Pat Kennedy says the call came in from 8 Circle Street around 11:30am today to a reported gas leak within the Circle.
Kennedy says crews arrived on scene and began canvassing the area to check for a leak.
He says the cause could have been from an old furnace being restarted.
Kennedy says making the call to emergency services was the right choice, as it is always better to take precautions.
All businesses and residents within the area have been allowed to go about their routines as usual.