â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsSurvey Says Students Say They Aren't Learning Enough About Money Management

Survey Says Students Say They Aren’t Learning Enough About Money Management

A recent study shows that 70 per cent of Ontario high-school students believe they are not learning enough about managing their money.

The Ontario Student, Parent, and Educator Survey or better known as OSPES, had its results released this week at the Board of Trustees meeting on Tuesday.

A District School Board Ontario Northeast statement says data from the survey revealed three major issues for students, with the biggest being a lack of financial literacy education in the classroom.

The other issues; one in three students say schools lack mental health resources and support and nearly half of the students in the province believe they are not learning enough about the different levels of government.

- Advertisement -

Student Trustees Jaykob Walton of Timmins High and Vocational School and Aiza Asif of Iroquois Falls Secondary School say they believe the voices of students need to be heard.

Therefore, both Walton and Asif have proposed the creation of a Student Senate.

Asif says this will give students from all schools an opportunity to voice their concerns.

Walton says they are currently visiting schools to consult Principals and students on the idea and they are working with student trustees from other boards to get an idea of how to successfully implement a Senate.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading